Africa’s famous baobab tree stands solo, firm and strong against the Serengeti’s morning’s sunrise.
I feel extremely honored. I am tingling with excitement. I had never blogged until this year. My loving son Harold said “Dad, you have so many wonderful photographic images, you need a blog so you can share them. For your birthday present, I would like to help you create one”.
On September 1 I posted my first image on my new “Photography Blog”.
Over 150 images later, I receive word that four bloggers have awarded Through Harold’s Lens for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Kavi360 and Created – Create. It, http://notesfromcamelidcountry.net and http://terry1954.wordpress.com.
I did not even know there were awards for blogs. To be honored by others, because the images I created with my camera have inspired them in some way, gives me the chills. Thank you my fun blogging friends for keeping the blogosphere a beautiful place. You’re fun and a hoot to blog with.
Upon receiving The Very Inspiring Blogger Award I was given the following guidelines:
1. Display The Very Inspiring Blogger Award on your blog.
2. Link back to the wonderful person, who was so inspired by your blog to award you for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
3. List seven things about yourself so that Followers of your blog may know you better.
4. Nominate fifteen other bloggers who have inspired you during the year and link to their sites so they may be shared with the world.
5. Notify these inspiring bloggers that they have been nominated for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award and link to their post.
Seven things about Harold that you will not find on Through Harold’s Lens:
1. I am one of 8 children. First born 3 boys. Second 5 girls. I am the #2 son.
2. I have always loved sports. I found that it developed a certain fiber in me. As a teenager attending Northwood School, I played ice hockey, football and tennis. I was the first student in school history to receive nine varsity athletic letters. P.S. I tried soccer but immediately broke my ankle. Found out you don’t stop the ball by standing on it.
3. I am also a responsible outdoor sportsmen who loves the solitary etherial feeling that comes from fly fishing. It’s “catch and release” for me.
4. I was President of a Sportsman’s Club on the Island of Martha’s Vineyard where I lived for ten years. I believe in the protection of our environment so that future generations may enjoy the outdoors.
5. My musical tastes are very eclectic. My ears tune in to everything from from Country, Blues, Jazz and New Age to Classical and Opera. I loved trying to expose another generation to Opera by doing volunteer work for the Houston Grand Opera.
6. I loved the adrenaline rush that came from my years of skydiving and riding a BMW motorcycle, while camping out, as I toured the roads less traveled across the United States.
7. My heart and talent believe in the power of communications to help others in need. I have directed communications for organizations to try to help cancer survivors and to feed starving children in third world countries.
Fifteen outstanding bloggers who have provided inspiration to me this year, and have so inspired me that I am nominating them for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
http://cecilia-maria.com She Laugh’s At The Days To Come
http://homeboundglobal.com Global From Home
http://thirdeyemom.com Travel, Culture & Social Good
http://hopethehappyhugger.wordpress.com Hope*the happy hugger. Life, love, happiness and most of all, kindness…
http://hikingphoto.com Canadian Hiking Photography
http://sukirthasphotography.wordpress.com Sukirtha’s Photography
http://irelandisbeautiful.com Beautiful Ireland In Photos and Words
http://uwana.wordpress.com Uwana. Growing into Sonship
http://tinylessonsblog.com Tiny Lessons Blog
http://thelifeofafifthgrademom.wordpress.com The Life of a Fifth Grade Mom
http://jolenehansonphotos.wordpress.com Jolene’s Life In Focus
http://dublinjournal.wordpress.com Dublin Journal by Thin8air
http://ckponderings.wordpress.com CK Ponderings. An exploration of the world through my camera lens
http://the-serenity-space.com The Serenity Space
http://mightyturk.wordpress.com MightyTurk. Where my thinking is worked out. Often in real time…
A large “Thank You” to all of you bloggers out there who follow Through Harold’s Lens from around the world. Each one of you are different and have provided me budding friendships and a degree of inspiration with your talents and creative skills. Thank you.